Bristow Global Media Acquires Format Rights to You, Me and My Ex for Canada
Toronto/Cannes (MIPTV) – April 07, 2014 – Bristow Global Media (BGM) has acquired the format rights for Canada to the factual series You, Me and My Ex created by Buzz Productions and distributed by Armoza Formats.
“Avi Armoza has always had his eye on the most popular format ideas. This show is the unscripted version of Modern Family and we are thrilled to be bringing it to Canada,” said Julie Bristow, President and CEO, Bristow Global Media Inc.
“You, Me and My Ex takes an honest look at our society, and addresses our current and complicated family reality in a productive way that builds bridges between a divided family. This is a perfect show for the Canadian market and we’re honored that BGM has handpicked it to star in their primary slate of factual formats,” said Avi Armoza, Founder and CEO.
You, Me and My Ex is a docu-reality series that gives divorcees the opportunity to unite their old family with their new one. Two families are blended when the divorcee’s ex and current partner spend an entire weekend sequestered in an isolated resort. There they embark on an emotional roller coaster as they hash out their differences and through the awkwardness, find common, and sometimes hilarious, ground. At the end of the weekend, where they are forced to work together on a series of tasks testing them mentally, emotionally, and physically, they are joined by their common spouse— the reason for their relationship, in the hopes that they can ultimately provide a happier environment for their kids.
Bristow Global Media Inc. (www.bristowglobalmedia.com) is an innovative global media company. BGM was founded by award-winning broadcast executive Julie Bristow to enhance the viewers’ experience by creating content that builds on the combined power of traditional, digital and social platforms. BGM creates content for all genres and all platforms with emphasis on unscripted, and premium sports content.
For more information, please contact:
Mary Powers, MPowers Communications, email@example.com
You Might Also Like:
- Bristow expands into kids unscripted content
- BRISTOW GLOBAL MEDIA’S KIDS’ SERIES IT’S MY PARTY GREENLIT BY TVO
- Realscreen’s Global 100 for 2016
- ole presents PLAYLIST LIVE: CANADA’S 150TH
- NEW PLAYERS, NEW GOALS, SAME GAME: HOCKEY WIVES RETURNS APRIL 19 AT 10 P.M. ET/PT ON W NETWORK
- CBC’s CANADA: THE STORY OF US BRINGS A NATION’S HISTORY TO LIFE STARTING MARCH 26
- Bristow hires Newroad Media founder
- Bristow Global Media ups Marlo Miazga
- Bristow appoints Newroad alum
- Bristow Global Media Appoints Founder and Former President of Newroad Media, Marlo Miazga, as Vice-President of Content