Bristow Global Media ups Marlo Miazga
News January 16, 2017
Toronto-based prodco Bristow Global Media has appointed Marlo Miazga as VP of content, effective immediately.
Miazga (pictured) will work with BGM president and CEO Julie Bristow to lead the production and development of content. Miazga replaces Claire Adams, former head of content at BGM, who left the company in September 2016.
Miazga joined BGM in 2016 as co-executive producer on Canada: The Story of Us. The 10-part hour-long drama, based on the format created by UK-based Nutopia, will air on CBC in March 2017.
Prior to joining BGM, Miazga served as co-president of Toronto-based prodco, Newroad Media, which she founded with Anne Marie Redmond in 2011. New Road produced television series such as Close Encounters for Discovery Channel and Science U.S, Curious and Unusual Deaths for Discovery Channel Canada and A&E UK, as well as My Wild Affair for PBS, Animal Planet Canada and Discovery West. Miazga departed New Road at the tail end of 2015.
Bristow recently told realscreen sister site Playback the company is currently focusing on expanding its factual offerings in two key areas: modern-history programming and the “sports-adjacency space.” The company is also eyeing international expansion and to help further that goal BGM formed an advisory board in December 2016.
You Might Also Like:
- Realscreen’s Global 100 for 2016
- ole presents PLAYLIST LIVE: CANADA’S 150TH
- NEW PLAYERS, NEW GOALS, SAME GAME: HOCKEY WIVES RETURNS APRIL 19 AT 10 P.M. ET/PT ON W NETWORK
- CBC’s CANADA: THE STORY OF US BRINGS A NATION’S HISTORY TO LIFE STARTING MARCH 26
- Bristow hires Newroad Media founder
- Bristow appoints Newroad alum
- Bristow Global Media Appoints Founder and Former President of Newroad Media, Marlo Miazga, as Vice-President of Content
- Bristow Global Media Announces Top Talent for its Board of Advisors and Adds a New Member to the Team
- Corus, Kin, Cineplex awarded at Digi Awards
- Bristow Global Media Appoints Megan Sanchez-Warner as Executive Producer as Part of U.S. Expansion Plan