Production Begins On Pressure Cooker, the New W Network Series from Bristow Global Media
Production Begins On Pressure Cooker, the New W Network Series from Bristow Global Media based on an original concept created by Jamie Oliver’s Fresh One Productions.
- Series to be produced by Bristow Global Media (BGM) in association with W Network
- World renowned food critic Giles Coren to judge as tasting expert with Canadian TV personality Anne-Marie Withenshaw as series host
- Guest chefs include Graham Elliot (Masterchef), Nadia G. (Bitchin’ Kitchen) and DJ BBQ, with more announcements to come
Production begins Friday, August 15 on W Network’s new series, Pressure Cooker, a primetime culinary competition show. The series, previously announced at Banff World Media Festival, based on an original concept created by Jamie Oliver’s Fresh One Productons, is produced by Bristow Global Media (BGM), The 10, one-hour episode series illustrates the real-life pressures of cooking at home when time is tight and ingredients are scarce. An original Canadian format developed with an international team, Pressure Cooker is set to premiere in October on W Network.
Season one will feature renowned columnist and British restaurant critic, Giles Coren (The F-Word, Million Dollar Critic), as the tasting expert alongside host Anne-Marie Withenshaw; an award-winning entertainment and live event TV personality. Each episode will feature two guest chefs who will serve as coaches for the competitors, including Graham Elliot (Masterchef judge), Nadia Giosia (Nadia G’s Bitchin’ Kitchen) and DJ BBQ, to name a few.
On Pressure Cooker, home cooks are faced with the eternal dilemma – what do you cook when you have only a few random ingredients in the kitchen and not a lot of time to prepare them? In each episode, guest celebrity chefs are paired with skilled home cooks in a culinary contest combining great cooking and mischievous game show mechanics with a twist – home cooks must select their ingredients from a specially designed conveyor belt that kicks in at timed intervals. Any ingredients taken must be used in the home cooks’ final plate: but if they get stumped, they have a chance to use a “Recipe Rescue”.
Judging the food is the tasting expert Giles Coren who crowns a winner at the end of each episode. The series will feature integration partners, whose products will be a key part of the action on Pressure Cooker.
With lead broadcast and grocery sponsor Walmart Canada, the series will present food staples and offer fresh and accessible meal ideas available for Canadians to use in their own kitchens. ESKA Water has also signed on as the official water supplier for the season.
Pressure Cooker is produced by Bristow Global Media (BGM), in association with W Network.
MEDIA NOTE: For set visit opportunities please contact:
Cristina Mancini: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brittany Tan: email@example.com
You Might Also Like:
- Bristow expands into kids unscripted content
- BRISTOW GLOBAL MEDIA’S KIDS’ SERIES IT’S MY PARTY GREENLIT BY TVO
- Realscreen’s Global 100 for 2016
- ole presents PLAYLIST LIVE: CANADA’S 150TH
- NEW PLAYERS, NEW GOALS, SAME GAME: HOCKEY WIVES RETURNS APRIL 19 AT 10 P.M. ET/PT ON W NETWORK
- CBC’s CANADA: THE STORY OF US BRINGS A NATION’S HISTORY TO LIFE STARTING MARCH 26
- Bristow hires Newroad Media founder
- Bristow Global Media ups Marlo Miazga
- Bristow appoints Newroad alum
- Bristow Global Media Appoints Founder and Former President of Newroad Media, Marlo Miazga, as Vice-President of Content