Bristow Global Media acquires format rights to Hidden Talent for Canada
Toronto/Cannes (MIPCOM) – October 7, 2013 – Bristow Global Media (BGM) has acquired the format rights for Canada to the factual series Hidden Talent owned by American Express and Silver River Productions. This is the first format deal done by former CBC executive Julie Bristow under her content creation company Bristow Global Media. The agreement was brokered by Group M Entertainment who will co-produce on behalf of American Express.
“Hidden Talent is a powerful transformational idea that finds extraordinary stories in ordinary people and changes lives forever. It’s wonderful having this as our first project,” said Julie Bristow, President and CEO, Bristow Global Media.
“We are looking forward to continuing to develop this winning format with Julie Bristow and her team as part of our strategic partnership with BGM,” said Peter Tortorici, CEO GroupM Entertainment.
The hour long prime time series Hidden Talent will see hundreds of people from across the country tested to discover their hidden physical, mental, sensory or creative skills. These are the talents we never knew we had or perhaps have never had the opportunity to discover. Hidden talents could be the ability to become fluent in a foreign language in a matter of months, the ability to free-dive and hold their breath for more than four minutes at depths of more than 60 metres, the rare talent to instinctively detect lies or have the natural ability and physiology to become an opera singer. After initial testing overseen by scientists and academics, a select few will be chosen to go forward and given the opportunity to develop their skills by training with experts. A series of challenges will test if their new found talents can change their lives.
For more information, please contact:
International Media and at MIPCOM – Mary Powers, MPowers Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Media – James Lamont, Lamont Communications, email@example.com, +1 416 859 5870
You Might Also Like:
- Bristow expands into kids unscripted content
- BRISTOW GLOBAL MEDIA’S KIDS’ SERIES IT’S MY PARTY GREENLIT BY TVO
- Realscreen’s Global 100 for 2016
- ole presents PLAYLIST LIVE: CANADA’S 150TH
- NEW PLAYERS, NEW GOALS, SAME GAME: HOCKEY WIVES RETURNS APRIL 19 AT 10 P.M. ET/PT ON W NETWORK
- CBC’s CANADA: THE STORY OF US BRINGS A NATION’S HISTORY TO LIFE STARTING MARCH 26
- Bristow hires Newroad Media founder
- Bristow Global Media ups Marlo Miazga
- Bristow appoints Newroad alum
- Bristow Global Media Appoints Founder and Former President of Newroad Media, Marlo Miazga, as Vice-President of Content