Canada begins telling Story of Us
Toronto-based producer Bristow Global Media (BGM) has begun production on the Canadian version of Nutopia drama-documentary format The Story of Us.
CBC ordered Canada: The Story of US (10×60′) earlier this year and it is the latest remake of the format following versions in Australia, the UK and the US.
The series will air exclusively on CBC in 2017 as part of the pubcaster’s line-up of original programming commissioned to celebrate the country’s 150th anniversary.
It will celebrate Canada’s heroes through dramatic re-enactments, combining fact-based drama with CGI animation, alongside interviews with prominent Canadians.
Julie Bristow, president and CEO of BGM, said the aim of the series is to ignite a national conversation about what it means to be Canadian.
John English, Canadian historian and author, and Gerald McMaster, curator, author, artist and indigenous studies educator, are the primary consultants on the series.
Canada: The Story of US is executive produced by Bristow and Claire Adams with Marlo Miazga and Janice Tufford as co-executive producers for BGM, as well as Jane Root, Ben Goold and Phil Craig for Nutopia.
You Might Also Like:
- CBC’s CANADA: THE STORY OF US BRINGS A NATION’S HISTORY TO LIFE STARTING MARCH 26
- Bristow Global Media Appoints Founder and Former President of Newroad Media, Marlo Miazga, as Vice-President of Content
- SET VISIT: CANADA: THE STORY OF US
- CBC Commissions Canada: The Story of Us
- Canada to tell Story of Us
- BRISTOW GLOBAL MEDIA ANNOUNCES PRODUCTION OF CANADA: THE STORY OF US
- CBC rolls out Canada 150 programming plans
- Bell Fund distributes $5.4M across 30 projects
- “Life In A Day,” “Story of Us” formats head to Canada
- Bristow Global Media Inc. Signs Partnership with The CCMA® to Produce the CCMA Awards